Speaking with Earth Spirits in a November Garden



"While my gardens, admittedly neglected this summer, have morphed mainly to daisy-yellows and a plethora of pink malvas, the flowers from my friend Sharon's garden in Watertown, Massachusetts still flourish.

But you should know that Sharon speaks with earth spirits and they obviously help.

Sophia Serve

Crabapple in my garden in November

Don't you love that? "....and they obviously help...."...of course they do!  Here is my November ode to Earth Spirits:

Hellebore from Pine Knot Farm in my garden

'Speaking with Earth Spirits'

Deep down, in the warmth of the fecund earth,
the spirits sing songs of life.
Hoping we hear, they inhale and exhale along with the seasons.
Now, in the cool days of November, they sing to us of rest,
replenishment and they ask us to be calm.
The time has come to listen
and of course, to rake the leaves...the leaves...


Crabapple again.....love those rocks!






Comments

  1. At almost every landscape job that I complete, I include some stacked rocks in a secret area. It's my personal touch that I leave on the gardens that I create.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear from you....

Popular Posts of all Time

Angelface Blue and Dark Violet Angelonia - a Flower that Keeps Giving

Planting Design for Dry Gardens by Olivier Filippi

'Purple Smoke' - The best Baptisia

No-Fail Tips for Turning Hydrangeas Blue!

Repurposed and Recycled - Creative Ideas for Garden Design

The Magnificent Purslane - Edible Landscaping at its best!

My one day Class Wednesday April 16 in NY - Jan Johnsen