We are the children of our landscape; it dictates behavior and even thought in the measure to which we are responsive to it.

Lawrence Durrell

If this is true, and I think it is, then we are children of strip malls, power lines and asphalt paving.

The yellow double lines confine our minds as we travel the landscape of modern life in a numbing cavalcade. No footsteps do we hear. No grassy breezy plants do we admire. Our thoughts are responsive to squat office parks and bright colored signs.


Dali


Children of the landscape must change the view and remember that we choose to live among the functional detritus of the everyday. We tell ourselves we love high tech but inwardly we cry for the soft vine, pregnant with fragrance.

It follows then that if you create a garden -and dwell in it - it will dictate your behavior. And all for the better. You can't be in a bad mood when surrounded by wondrous sounds and effervescent greens

Garden by Jan Johnsen







.

Comments

  1. I love this post. I love the pictures and I agree with everything... By the way, I love the meditation chimes on the side scroll bar of your blog!

    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love this post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Love Dali too, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear from you....

Popular Posts of all Time

Angelface Blue and Dark Violet Angelonia - a Flower that Keeps Giving

Planting Design for Dry Gardens by Olivier Filippi

'Purple Smoke' - The best Baptisia

No-Fail Tips for Turning Hydrangeas Blue!

Repurposed and Recycled - Creative Ideas for Garden Design

The Magnificent Purslane - Edible Landscaping at its best!

My one day Class Wednesday April 16 in NY - Jan Johnsen